Changing Places in Western Australia
A free key to open Changing Places is currently available for WA Companion Card holders. This offer is funded by the State Government of Western Australia. If you need Changing Places and would like to accept this offer, please contact National Disability Services on 9242 5544 or email: email@example.com. MLAK keys can be purchased from Master Locksmiths.
What is a Changing Place?
- Changing Places are secure and private facilities for people with disability who need extra space and assistance to use the bathroom.
- Changing Places do not replace standard universal accessible toilets.
- Changing Places include an adult-size, height adjustable change table, a hoist and enough room for two people to assist.
- All Changing Places have the same specifications so that people who use them can be confident that all Changing Places provide the same facilities.
Changing Places are now open at these locations:
|Metropolitan||Bibra Lake||Deep Water Point||Elizabeth Quay||Lakeside Joondalup|
|Optus Stadium (3)||Mandurah Foreshore||Mandurah Forum||Scarborough Beach|
|Sorrento Beach||Yagon Square||Rottnest Island||Edith Cowan University Joondalup|
|Beaton Park, Dalkeith|
|Regional||Albany||BP The Lakes||Broome||Bunbury|
More Changing Places are expected to be built accross Australia. Changing Place locations will be listed on https://changingplaces.org.au/find-changing-places-toilet/ and https://toiletmap.gov.au/MLAK: Your key to Changing Places
- Most Changing Places will be locked with the Master Locksmith Access Key (MLAK).
- Some Changing Places will be available 24 hours a day/7 days a week and others will be available during the opening hours of the premises where they are located.
- Some people with disability may already have an MLAK, as they are the same key that has been used to lock Liberty Swings.
For more information on MLAK visit https://www.masterlocksmiths.com.au/mlak.php
If you have any questions about this offer, please contact National Disability Services on 9242 5544 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org